What is sperm donation?
Sperm donation is a process used when pregnancy is not achieved with the sperm of the male partner. There can be many reasons why this happens. Why your partner might not be able to provide you with the sperm needed, can be due to medical reasons – such as low sperm count or even azoospermia – that might cause the problem in the first place. Such treatment is often considered as the easiest alternative. You will either need a sperm donor or pick from a sperm bank.
Why to consider a sperm donation?
The reasons to consider going for sperm donation can be quite complex and abstract. It can be anything from a physical injury to a non-physical reason for being unable to produce sperm. This might mean that if you are unable to conceive a child normally with your partner, then sperm bank donation treatment could be needed.
What could be the cause of low sperm count?
The causes of low sperm count could come from:
- Medical problems such as Varicocele, obstructive azoospermia, and non-obstructive azoospermia.
- Hormonal problems or chromosome defects.
- Problems with ejaculation such as retrograde ejaculation, an infection or a reaction to antibodies which attack your sperm.
- Tumors and other medical problems of a physical condition, including bodily harm or even testicles which have not fully descended.
- Problems such as tubular defects which limits the ability to safely transport sperm.
Who can benefit from Sperm Donation?
All the patients who are suffering from such a problem:
- Cases in which no sperm is obtained from the ejaculate or testicles – this could be caused by various issues like non-obstructive azoospermia.
- Cases in which sperm is detected but structural deformities are observed which disables the ability to fertilize the oocyte.
- In cases where hereditary diseases are detected that might inhibit your chances of conception without assistance.
- In cases where the male is a carrier of sexually – transmitted diseases such as HIV.
- In cases which affect the blood RH compatibility, making ordinary conception difficult.
Source of sperm donors
We are using trustable sources such as foreign sperm banks.
All sperm donors will be thoroughly tested and checked out, too, with tests carried out for evaluation on several conditions.
According to the legal legislation of the country where sperm donation is applied, additional tests may be required for conditions like thalassemia, cystic fibrosis & sickle cell anemia.
We use only the best sperm donors to make sure the process can be as smooth as possible. Consulting with our patients while choosing a sperm donor is very important in order to choose the correct one.
The determination of the choice of the sperm is made by considering the compatibility between the sperm donor’s blood type and physical characteristics.